Murdered Samal village chief filed case vs. mayor

Murdered barangay captain Paulito Villaceran Jr. of Barangay Sion, Island Garden City of Samal had filed a graft complaint against Mayor Al David Uy early this year.

Villaceran was shot and killed by motorcycle-riding men Sunday evening in Igacos.

Last month, his brother was also shot and killed in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.

Relatives and friends of the victim said that the village chief had noticed some unidentified individuals tailing him for weeks before Sunday’s ambush.

Documents obtained by Davao Breaking News showed that Villaceran filed two graft complaints against Mayor Uy and several others over the demolition of his store in the island.

The complaints were filed on January 31, 2018.

Villaceran was also a former board of director of the Davao del Norte Electric Cooperative (Daneco). Five other Daneco officials have been killed in the past years.

Police authorities are still investigating the incident as of press time.

Below is the official police report on the incident:

Report on Shooting Incident At about 8:30 PM of November 25, 2018 one of the Barangay councilor of Brgy. Sion, Kaputian District, IGCS appeared at this office and reported that a shooting incident transpired of the abovementioned barangay, Immediately, PNP personnel of Kaputian Police Sub-Station led by PI CHITO W CABOVERDE proceeded to the area of incident to conduct ocular investigation. Investigation showed that the shooting incident happened at around 7:30PM of November 25, 2018 wherein the victims were identified as Brgy. Captain Paulito Reyes Villaceran of Brgy. Sion, Maribeth C. Villaceran (wife), Randy Inday, Mario Cagasan, Josephine Comendador and Jhonie Caro. Further investigation disclosed that the three (3) suspects were gained entry at the backyard portion of the house of Brgy. Capt. Paulito Villaceran and climbed into the concrete fence and while were inside the house premises fired thier gun several times to the victims who are seating inside the lobby hitting on different parts of thier bodies. After which, the culprits fled away to unknown direction while the victims immediately brought to Samal District Hospital by responding relatives. While Brgy. Capt. Paulito Villaceran, his wife Maribeth Villaceran and Jhonie Caro were further referred to Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) in Davao City. Brgy. Captain Paulito Villaceran and his personal body guard Jhonie Caro declared dead on arrival at around 9:24 PM of this date by attending physician Dr. Brian Cagampang due to the sustained gunshot wounds on different parts of thier bodies. Recovered from the crime scene were twelve (12) empty shells and three (3) fired bullets believed to be from caliber .45. Investigator on case PO2 Juvelito C Tansa, CP number -09072248887

For info Sir:)

NPA TERRORISTS SURRENDER IN SARANGANI WITH THEIR FIREARMS

Dispirited NPA Terrorists mooching in the areas of South Cotabato and Sarangani Provinces surrendered after a series of focused military and police operations to combined members of 1204th Mobile Force Company and 27th Infantry Batallion last 23 November 2018 at Barangay Nalus, Kiamba, Sarangani Province.

Deeply demoralized by the relentless pursuit operations conducted by government forces and a sucessfull raid on their safe hub at Sitio Blo-lahak, Barangay Klobe, Lake Sebu, South Cotabato last November 17, five (5) members of said armed group surrendered bringing with them two (2) M14 Rifles, one (1) Garand Rifle,one (1) M79 grenade launcher, three (3) hand grenades and two (2) 40mm ammunitions.

“These series of success greatly show the degrading state of morale of the NPA Terrorists and strongly prove the untiring commitment of the government forces in keeping it’s communities from violent ideologies.” Lieutenant Colonel Jones Otida, 27IB Commander said.

On the other hand, Brigadier General Roberto Ancan, 1002nd Brigade Commander also said, “Let these successes inspire those who still bear arms on waiving their abyssmal struggle of rising through violent acts and to champion progress through peaceful collaborations.”

Stand firm for free speech, Bong Go tells Filipinos on 9th year of Maguindanao Massacre

On the 9th anniversary of the Maguindanao Massacre where 58 people, including 34 media practitioners were brutally killed, former Special Assistant to the President Bong Go is calling on all Filipinos to “stand firm” in protecting the constitutional right of free speech.

“As we remember and continue to seek justice for the victims of this terrible tragedy, we must also make a commitment to uphold the principles of free speech and to pursue a policy that would protect all those who exercise this fundamental right,” says Go.

In a recent ambush interview while visiting fire victims in Pandacan, Manila, he also called for a speedy resolution to the case.

“Ako rin po ay isa sa mga nananawagan para matapos na at masarado na ito, para mabigyan ng hustisya ang mga biktima ng Maguindanao Massacre. Naalala ko pa po ito, isa ako sa mga tinawagan ni Mayor Mangudadatu noong panahon ng may nawawala sa lugar nila at humingi ng tulong kay Mayor Duterte. Mabilis ho kaming sumaklolo kaagad sa kung ano pong maitulong namin during that time. Sa mga pamilya ng mga naiwan ng biktima sa Maguindanao Massacre, sa mga naulila at mga naiwan, ano man ang pwede ko maitulong sa inyo in my capacity right now lalong lalo na po sa media, willing po akong tumulong sa inyo, sa pagpapagamot, o kahit ano mang kailangan,” he said.

The victims of the massacre were mostly from a caravan that was on its way to file the certificate of candidacy of Esmael Mangudadatu, who was challenging Datu Unsay mayor Andal Ampatuan Jr., son of then incumbent Maguindanao governor Andal Ampatuan Sr.

The people killed included Mangudadatu’s wife, his two sisters, journalists, lawyers, aides, and motorists who were witnesses or were mistakenly identified as part of the convoy.

In the past, Go has cited the critical role media plays in nation building and has called on the industry to be the government’s partner in development.

“Importante ang role na ginagampanan ng media sa lipunan. Sila ang pangunahing source ng impormasyon ng ating mga mamamayan. Kaya importante din na maging kakampi natin sila sa pagsulong ng kaunlaran sa lahat ng sulok ng ating bansa,” says Go.

Go said he continues to grief for the families of the victims as well as the whole media community who are still seeking justice for the victims.

“Isang malaking kawalan sa ating lipunan, lalo na sa community journalism, ang mga kinitil na buhay. I offer my deepest sympathies to the families of the victims. I am one with you in remembering the heroic lives of your loved ones,” he said. ###

Bong Go ranks top 8 in nationwide senatorial survey

Christopher Lawrence ‘Bong’ Go today placed 8th in a comprehensive nationwide survey conducted by DZRH, the flagship station of the Manila Broadcasting Company (MBC), for the upcoming 2019 senatorial race.

The survey data, according to the company, was gathered through face-to-face interviews conducted on Nov. 17, Saturday, with 7,450 respondents – a sample that is statistically representative of voters in Metro Manila and 73 provinces nationwide with an error-margin of +/- 1.14 percent.

Go’s rank comes just a little over a month after he filed his candidacy, and barely a year after his name was first mentioned by his mentor, President Rodrigo Duterte, as a possible senate candidate. He now emerges as one of the fastest rising senatorial candidates in the country.

Go runs on a platform based on “Malasakit” that aims to make government services more accessible to all Filipinos.

“Hindi dapat maging mahirap para sa mga Pilipino na makakakuha ng tulong. Ito ang aking ipaglalaban – na mapadali ang access ng tao sa mga benepisyo mula sa kanilang gobyerno. Ako ang tulay ninyo sa Pangulo,” Go said in past interviews.

Go’s full legislative agenda covers a wide swath of the country’s issues that the current administration is trying to address to uplift the quality of life of every Filipino. These range from providing free school supplies to poor students and increasing teachers’ pay for education, holding localized peace talks to remedy armed disputes, and proposing a department for OFWs created specifically for the concerns of Filipinos who work overseas.

Kuya Bong Go said in recent interviews that he will push for the legislative agenda of the President and will bring the fight for real and genuine change in the Senate. “Kailangan ituloy ang pagbabago na sinimulan ng ating presidente.”

Go has also been instrumental in pushing for the Malasakit Centers to make quality healthcare more accessible to Filipinos. There are currently seventeen (17) cities with existing Centers: Cebu, Tacloban, Iloilo, Bacolod, Puerto Princesa, Philippine General Hospital (PGH) in Manila, Maasin, Dumaguete, Davao, Pampanga, Tagbilaran, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga, Legazpi, and most recently launched, in Isulan and Cotabato city.

Malasakit Centers are designed as a one-stop shop program of President Duterte to hasten the delivery of medical services and give poor patients access to free medicine, featuring a fast lane to prioritize senior citizens and persons with disabilities (PWDs).

For his efforts, Go has also recently been given the support of various groups, including: The Union of Local Authorities of the Philippines (ULAP), the League of Municipalities of the Philippines, Philippine Councilors League, and other local government officials all over the country.

Go said that he sees his years of experience working under then Mayor and now President Duterte as his strength in understanding and addressing the real problems of ordinary Filipinos.

“Marami akong sisilipin na mga batas, yung ibang batas na natutulog; kaya sabi ko mas kapa ko at alam ko ang nangyayari sa baba. Nasa executive ako for the past 20 years. Ramdam ko kung ano yung totoong napapatupad na batas. Akin itong sisilipin at i-improve kung sakaling palarin maging senador,” he said.

Other candidates who share the top-8 spot include Sen. Cynthia Villar, who emerged as the early leader 61.8 and followed by Lito Lapid with 50.3 percent. Clustered together in the third to sixth spots are Sen. Grace Poe-Llamanzares, Taguig City Rep. Pia Cayetano, Sen. Nancy Binay, and former Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla, Jr.

Vying for the seventh to eleventh spots are former Senator Jinggoy Estrada, Sen. Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III, former Senator Sergio “Serge” Osmeña III, and retired Police National Police chief Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa.###

Bong Go pushes for Localized peace talks to help settle land disputes

Former Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go told registrars of deeds that he would push for localized peace talks to help settle land disputes especially in conflict areas.

Go made the statement at the national convention of the Association of Registrars and Deputy Registrars of Deeds, Inc. (ARDDRDPI) on November 20, 2018, at Seda Hotel in Quezon City.

Go, a candidate for senator in the 2019 elections, wanted to help lessen the difficulties that the members of the organization face. “Some conflicts in our society involve land titles,” he said. “Localized peace talks may help resolve the issues and stop the dispute between parties since local executives are more familiar with the issues of their respective communities.”

The senatorial aspirant also highlighted the registrars’ role as “Keepers of Land” – reminding them how crucial it is that they be truthful in their jobs, especially given the president’s zero tolerance corruption policy.

ARDDRPI has more than 170 members all over the country, at least 95 percent of whom are lawyers. Each city and province has its own registrar of deeds.

The office of the Registry of Deeds is under Land Registration Authority. Its main function is to serve as the public repository of all records, including certificates of land titles.

Localized peace talks are patterned after a set of programs and projects implemented in Davao region. Citing their experience in Davao, Go said that efforts of the local government resulted in a lower incidence of clashes between soldiers and communist rebels and in a higher number of rebels surrendering to the government.

“President Duterte wanted the Davao model to be replicated in other areas of the Philippines,“ Go said.

Go also specifically emphasized the importance of land titles that the Registry of Deeds handles. He cited President Duterte’s recent move to distribute some 3.1 hectares of land to the Ati Tribe in Boracay island. “No one can take their land away from them again,” Go said.

In the same event, Go also said he will push for the creation of a Department for OFW Affairs which aims to unite fractured services currently available across government agencies like the DFA, DOLE, OWWA, and POEA – as well as his plan to have a national program wherein school supplies can be distributed to students for free. The initiatives echo his ‘Malasakit’ platform, which is highlighted by the 17 Malasakit Centers available nationwide.

The Malasakit Center is a ‘one stop shop’ where indigent patients can ask for financial assistance from various government agencies, such as the Department of Health, the Department of Social Welfare and Development, Philhealth, PAGCOR, and Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office.

“Hindi dapat maging mahirap para sa mga Pilipino na makakakuha ng tulong. Ito ang aking ipaglalaban – na mapadali ang access ng tao sa mga benepisyo mula sa kanilang gobyerno. Ako ang tulay ninyo sa Pangulo,” he said. ###