ALERT: IRONMAN CANCELLATION A HOAX

There is no truth to the ‘advisory’ that the Alveo Ironman 70.3 Triathlon scheduled on March 24, 2019 in Davao City has been cancelled.

The advisory was clearly meant to undermine the staging of the event and sabotage the preparations made by the participants, organizers, partners, and the City Government of Davao.

All parties involved in the preparations leading to the race day are fully committed to the success of the event, ensuring especially the safety and security of the participants.

The City Government of Davao and the organizers of Alveo Ironman 70.3 Triathlon have already identified the person/s behind the damaging fake advisory and legal actions are being strongly considered against the culprit.

Person of interest in Cebu slay-case arrested in Davao

A man suspected to be behind the gruesome murder of a 16-year old girl in Cebu last week was arrested in Davao City Friday, March 15.

The suspect is identified as 32-year old Jonas Martel Bueno from Danao City in Cebu.

Bueno was arrested by the authorities by virtue of a warrant of arrest for another murder case back in 2017.

Bueno was presented by the authorities before the media Friday evening.

CIDG REPORT:

FOR: DIR, CIDG
FROM: CIDG RFU11

WHAT: OPLAN Pagtugis

WHEN: March 15 2019/5:00pm

WHERE: purok Guadalope, Matina Crossing, Davao City

WHO: JONAS MARTEL BUENO, male, single, 32 years old, contruction worker, resident of So. Tubigon,Brgy Santikan , Danao City, Cebu and Purok Santiago, Brgy Matina Crossing, Davao City.

HOW: CIDG Davao City Field Unit (lead unit) led by PCI Milgrace Driz together with MAPIO, RIU11, NBI11 and TALOMO PS, DCPO jointly arrested the suspect via WOA for crime of MURDER with CC# DNO-8968 issued by Hon. JERRY B. DICDICAN, Presiding Judge, RTC7, Branch 25, Danao City dated February 23, 2017.

Bong Go meets conjoined twins after separation surgery, agrees to be their godfather

For the first time after the successful surgery to separate conjoined twins Divine and Mercy Cerillo of Sabang, Camarines Norte, former Special Assistant to the President and 2019 senatorial candidate Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go met them again in Manila on Wednesday.

It could be recalled that Go immediately agreed to ask private sector donors to shoulder the expenses for the operation to separate the twins after Camarines Norte Gov. Edgardo “Egay” Tallado brought to the attention of the former SAP the plea for help of his constituents and the parents of the twins, Edmund and Rubelyn Cerillo.

Taking time off from his busy campaign schedule to meet the twins before they go home, Go said he is happy and thankful that the babies were in good health and on their way to leading normal lives after the successful operation.

“Nagpapasalamat po ako na naging matagumpay ang operasyon nila Divine at Mercy at ngayon ay pwede na silang mamuhay ng normal tulad ng ibang bata,” Go said.

The twins will be baptized on Sunday, March 16, with Go as one of their godparents.

Go also fulfilled his promise that he would introduce the babies and their parents to President Rodrigo Duterte, his mentor who taught him to show genuine concern for the unfortunate and the needy.

The former SAP was so concerned about the twins that even after the surgery, he had communicated with the doctors from time to time to inquire about their condition.

Known to be fond of kids, Go made sure he fulfilled his promise to help the twins the best way he could.

He had done the same for other children. In December last year, Go also brought holiday cheer among the young cancer patients of the Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) in Diliman, Quezon City by giving them gifts and toys. He did the same during his birthday last year.

Meanwhile, Go also assured the parents of the twins he would ask Gov. Tallado to find them a suitable livelihood program so they can have a steady income to support their family that has grown with the addition of the twins.

Go had not only helped find donors to shoulder the expenses for the operation of the twins. He also assisted their parents by renting a room for them in Sta. Cruz, Manila where they can stay temporarily until their babies are fit to go home.

Improving the delivery of health services in the country is top in the legislative agenda of Go in his bid for a Senate seat.

Part of his health agenda is to make it easier and faster, particularly for poor patients to avail of medical and financial assistance from the government through the Malasakit Center, which brings together in one room all concerned agencies including DOH, DSWD, PCSO and Philhealth.

Lawyer shot dead in Tagum mall

At about 7:21 PM of March 13, 2019, information reached this station that a shooting incident transpired at City Mall of Tagum, Barangay Visayan Village, Tagum City, wherein the victim identified as Atty. Rex Jasper Lopoz y Monforte, 41 years old, married, Lawyer and a resident of Purok 9, Nabunturan, Davao De Oro. It was disclosed that the victim was about to onboard to his vehicle when he suddenly fell down on the ground. Victim brought by his companion alyas Daddy Santos to Bishop Joseph Reagan hospital thinking that he suffered heart attack, while at the said hospital the attending physician Dr. Bercilla noticed that there was gunshot wound at the back portion of his body. The attending physician exerted effort to apply medical intervention, however, the victim died later.

Investigators processed the crime scene but were not able recover any pieces of evidence relative to the incident.

Initial investigation revealed that according to the security guard identified as Peter Gozon, who posted at the entrance portion City Mall, he allegedly heard single gun burst from unidentified caliber of firearms and later discovered the victim fell on the ground.

Davao is all set for second hosting of Ironman 70.3

It is all systems go for Davao City’s second hosting of the Philippine version of Ironman 703, an international triathlon event to be held on March 24 at the Azuela Cove in Lanang.

Princess Galura, the general manager of Sunrise Events – the official organizer of the Alveo Ironman 70.3, said a total of 2,200 athletes from 38 countries will be participating in said event.

The participants will also include celebrities Piolo Pascual, Kim Atienza, Zoren Legaspi, and Matteo Guidicelli. Last year’s champions, Mauricio Mendez and Radka Kahlefeldt, are also coming back to defend their titles.

“This is 400 participants more than last year’s 1,800. We can attribute this to Davao City getting a 90 percent rating last year,” Galura said.

Recalled that Davao City’s first hosting of the Ironman 703 got an overwhelming rating from last year’s participants at 90.2 percent.

The rating, Galura said, is 2.77 higher than the present global standards.

City Sports Development Division officer-in-charge, Mikey Aportadera, is confident of another successful year for the city after a good start in 2018 when the organizers brought for the first time the Ironman 703 outside of Luzon and the Visayas.

“This time, we made sure that the areas where we need to improve are covered,” Aportadera said.

He said the city is also fixing every minor detail for the second run using the evaluation of the participants last year, particularly on the road conditions and the on-course nutrition for the athletes.

“We have already made our necessary coordination meetings with the local government units of the cities and the municipality, where the race will happen, namely Panabo, Carmen and Tagum. We are on top of the necessary repairs to be done, especially the Bincungan road in Tagum, where the bike course will be held,” Aportadera added. CIO