Rep. Duterte warns barangay officials asking share from cash aid of constituents

DAVAO CITY – First Congressional District Representative Paolo Z. Duterte clarified on Tuesday, December 29, that the cash aid and food packs distributed by his office are for beneficiaries in identified areas only.

The young congressman issued such statement after the Office of the First Congressional District received reports about barangay officials asking their constituents for their share on the assistance they received from the office.

“Walay katungod ang tanang barangay officials na mangayo ug bahin sa mga benepisyaryo (The barangay officials have no right to ask for their share from the beneficiaries received assistance),” Rep. Duterte said.

Rep. Duterte urged beneficiaries to report those barangay officials asking their share over the cash aid or food packs they received from the government, to his office or nearby police station.

Many residents in Davao City are struggling to make ends meet under implementation of the community quarantine due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19), thus, government provides assistance to those in need.

Sara Duterte clarifies photo with Velasco

STATEMENT BY MAYOR SARA DUTERTE

Congressman Velasco came to Davao City to personally meet me and discuss Hugpong Ng Pagbabago.

He intimated that there will be a Speakership vote and he sought for my help, as the Chairperson of HNP, with regard to the votes of the three HNP Congressmen from Davao Region.

I told him that HNP was created to propel unity and development in Davao Region and assist the administration of President Duterte.

I also emphasized that HNP will respect the term-sharing agreement as ordered by the President last year and reiterated that the party fully supports Presidential Proclamation 1027.

Thank you.

Sen. Bong Go says no to reenacted budget for 2021

Let me remind everyone that we cannot afford to have a reenacted budget next year. Huwag natin ipasa sa tao ang burden of passing an appropriate budget for 2021. Tandaan natin na dapat by January 1, may naipasa nang budget.

Bakit? Isipin ninyo, kung wala tayong angkop na budget sa susunod na taon, saan kukuha ang gobyerno ng pondo para sa COVID-19 recovery measures — tulad ng pambili ng vaccines, testing equipment, dagdag na PPEs para sa frontliners, at iba pang kagamitang pangkalusugan? ‘Yung mga pagpapatayo ng mga health infrastructures, tulad ng quarantine facilities at pag-enhance ng kapasidad ng ating mga ospital, kasama na rin po dyan.

Paano natin bubuhayin ang ating ekonomiya? Yung mga programa para mabigyan ng panibagong kabuhayan ang mga nawalan ng trabaho? Yung para sa edukasyon, lalo na ngayon nag-aadjust ang mga estudyante sa blended learning? Paano yung mga tulong para sa mga negosyo at para sa mga OFWs at iba pang Pilipino na nais umuwi sa kanilang mga probinsya? Paano rin po yung dagdag na ayuda para sa mga mahihirap at pinaka-nangangailangan?

Paano tayo babalik sa normal na pamumuhay kung hindi natin maibibigay ang angkop na budget na kailangan para maiahon ang ating bansa mula sa kahirapan?

Lahat yan nakapaloob sa proposed 2021 budget. Wala po iyan sa existing budget natin. That is why we need to pass a budget that is suited and responsive to the current needs of our people — not a reenacted budget.

If we want to help the Filipino people, let us support the Executive by providing the resources they need to implement the necessary plans and programs to overcome this ongoing crisis, help the economy recover, and uplift the lives of millions of Filipinos.

Even if the President has the power to call for a special session, my challenge to my fellow legislators is to work together so that we can pass the budget on time. I will even recommend to the President to certify this measure as urgent. Nakikiusap po ako kay Pangulong Duterte na i-certify ang budget as urgent.

At the end of the day, ang masisisi na naman dito ay ang Pangulo at ang Executive agencies kung hindi maipatupad ang mga programa na kailangan sa susunod na taon.

Noong 2019, nagkaroon na tayo ng reenacted budget. Hindi na pwede maulit ito. The government may lose billions of pesos a day if a reenacted budget will be implemented. Lahat tayo magsa-suffer, lalong-lalo na po ang mga mahihirap na Pilipino.

Bakit natin hahayaan na patuloy na maghirap ang mga Pilipino sa dinaranas nating krisis ngayon kung mayroon naman tayong pwedeng gawin? Alam nating marami pong nagugutom, bakit hahayaan natin na mas marami pa ang magugutom dahil sa away-pulitika?

Uulitin ko, huwag na tayong magpasahan pa. Ipasa na natin ang dapat ipasa!

Bilang isang mambabatas, I am challenging my fellow legislators — mga kongresista at senador — nakikiusap po ako, let us pass the 2021 budget on time. Lahat naman tayo ay sweldado ng taumbayan kaya magtrabaho tayo para sa ikabubuti ng bansa.

Hindi naman tayo mga estudyante na kailangan pa ng recess o suspension. Ituluy-tuloy na natin ang trabaho at wala pong dahilan na hindi natin matapos o maipasa itong budget on time. Kung gustuhin talaga natin, may paraan naman.

Gawin natin ito alang-alang sa ating kapwa Pilipino na naghihirap ngayon. Umaasa ang mga Pilipino na sa bagong budget, matutulungan silang mabilis na makabangon sa krisis na dulot ng COVID-19. Huwag natin silang biguin. Lagi nating unahin ang interes, kapakanan at buhay ng bawat Pilipino. Magtulungan po tayo. Magbayanihan po tayo.

Huwag na natin hintayin pa ang Pangulo na magsabi sa atin: “If you cannot solve this problem, I will solve it.” Gawin na natin ang trabaho natin habang may panahon pa. Salamat po.

STATEMENT OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE COORDINATING AGENCY, NICA ALEX PAUL I. MONTEAGUDO ON THE ALLEGATIONS OF THE MAKABAYAN BLOC

Sa aking mga kababayan,

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32 KJV)

As the Director General of the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA), it is my sworn duty to protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and the Filipino people from forces that seek to destroy our freedom and democratic way of life.

Last September 29, 2020, during the deliberation of the NICA budget, Congressmen Carlos Isagani Zarate and Sarah Jane Elago who are members of the “MAKABAYAN” Bloc composed of BAYAN MUNA, ACT Teachers, GABRIELA, and KABATAAN Party-lists, accused that my posts in my Facebook account are fake, implying that I am a purveyor of false information.

I, THEREFORE, CATEGORICALLY DENY THE SAID ACCUSATIONS!

The reason why I share posts in my FB personal account is no different from all FB account holders. It is because I find the post inspiring or entertaining or informative.

Thus, I shared posts in my FB because I see them as artistic expressions of our people similar to the sentiments of former rebels, Indigenous Peoples (IPs) victims and parents who have finally gained the courage to stand up and reveal the truth about members of the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) who are now in Congress, the MAKABAYAN Bloc led by Congressman Zarate, masquerading as defenders of “human rights”, when they are actually part of a terrorist organization that has killed thousands of Filipinos, destroyed many families and robbed the Filipino people of the peaceful and prosperous lives we all dream of.

I am sharing the posts of the officers of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the National Task Force to End the Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC) because I believe that it is the duty of every Filipino to defend our Constitution, our democracy, and our people against groups such the CPP/NPA/NDF that seek to violently overthrow our duly constituted government.

I am sharing posts in behalf of the many Indigenous Peoples (IPs) that the Communist Terrorists have exploited and murdered.

More importantly, I am sharing their posts which calls for the protection of family and our children from exploitation and abuse of this Communist Terrorist Group by revealing their network in Congress, which is the MAKABAYAN Block, that has grieved the hearts of many parents who lost their children because they were recruited as NPAs and later left to die in a place away from the comfort of their homes and the love of their family.

These are just some of the reasons why I am sharing their posts.

The MAKABAYAN Bloc representatives are members of the CPP/NPA which has been declared as a terrorist group by the Philippine government and included in the list of terrorist organizations by five other countries including the United States (US) and the European Union (EU).

All members of the CPP pledge allegiance to the CPP flag and Constitution, the preamble of which, seeks the violent overthrow of the government and the establishment of a communist form of government by undermining our democratic institution.

It is no wonder that this MAKABAYAN Bloc are undermining the NTF-ELCAC by blocking the budget of the Presidential Communication Operations Office (PCOO), the National Security Council (NSC) and the NICA.

We will not be intimidated by Congressman Zarate and the rest of the MAKABAYAN Bloc representatives from exposing their true color as proxies of the Communist Terrorist Group.

For 51 years, the CPP/NPA/NDF has been deceiving our people and our children. Our best weapon against these lies and deceptions is the truth. But, who will reveal the truth if we are cowed and intimidated by these Congressmen? Sino ang magsasalita? Kung hindi tayo, sino? At kung hindi ngayon, kailan?

Sa aking mga kababayan, magtulungan po tayo upang protektahan ang ating pamilya at mga anak laban sa panlilinlang at pang aabuso ng mga CPP/NPA/NDF Communist Terrorists.

Mahigit 51 taon na tayong pinagsasamantalahan ng grupong ito. Tama na!!! Itigil na natin ito!!!

Let us not allow them to deceive us and murder our people for another 50 years and this is the reason why I am sharing to our people the truth about the Communist Terrorist Groups!

BUT, IF TELLING THE TRUTH IS NOW A CRIME, THEN I WILL GLADLY GO TO JAIL!!!

Para sa Bayan!

ALEX PAUL I. MONTEAGUDO, PhD, CESE

Director General, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency

STATEMENT BY CONG. PAOLO DUTERTE ON THE ISSUE OF BUDGET AND HOUSE LEADERSHIP

Over the past days, quite a number of lawmakers have called me as they expressed their disappointment and consternation over the fate of their respective allocations and budgets from the hands of the current House leadership.

Although I am an ex officio member being a Deputy Speaker, I have respectfully and clearly told them that their concern is something that I would rather stay away from — out of delicadeza because my father is the President.

Most of these concerns shrouded doubts over the process and mistrust of the lawmakers ruling the House, those who are acting as if they are bigger than their colleagues. Respectfully, I told them that I did not want to get involved.

The text message that I sent to another lawmaker — and is now making the rounds — was an expression of my personal dismay upon hearing the concerns of my fellow lawmakers.

It was the same message that I sent after one Congressman from the Visayas bloc dragged my name into the issue even after I have already strongly made myself clear over this issue.

Now as Congress continues to be hounded by the issue of budget — something that finds its way up to the current House leadership, how it treats its members, how it approves allocations and budgets with fairness or lack of it — let me reiterate my position. I do not want to get involved, however, I wish to help my fellow lawmakers find answers to their questions or remedies to the budget that they proposed for their people.

I could only hope that Congress and its members will be able to resolve this issue before everything goes out of hand, before it could bludgeon the credibility of the institutions and inflict damage beyond repair.

I leave this issue to the members of Congress as I believe that it is within their rights as elected officials to come up with a favorable solution to an issue that could badly impact the development of their districts and their people.

As a collective body, the members of Congress have the power to change the course of which the leadership is leading them to and address a problem to ensure that the programs and projects for their people are delivered and delivered expeditiously.

The members of Congress have the power to correct everything that they perceive as wrong happening within the Lower House or change leadership as they demand fair treatment and reforms.

If the members of Congress will push for a change in House leadership, as a reaction to their sentiments, obviously I would be among the casualties because I am a deputy speaker. I am ready to accept the consequences.

As much as I am part of Congress with a duty to be involved in the goings on inside, I cannot discount the fact that I am a Duterte. Anything that comes out of my actions or mouth could be construed or manipulated as having the blessing of my father.

And so I would rather suffer or work in silence rather than sacrifice the supposed independence of the House from the Palace.

Let us work for the country and the Filipino people.